Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

#KSDNOV Alter Something!

The November challenge over at the Kraaft Shaak (a great kommunity over on Google +) is to alter something.

I was sitting in my craft room trying to think of what I could do when I saw this.
 
This has been hanging in my room just like this for at least 2 years. It's a Puffs tissue box. Already quite beautiful, I had pulled the top up to make a hanger for it, stuck some wood excelsior in it for a nest, then promptly forgot about it. So I decided it was about time to finish this project.

This picture shows the back of the box as well as some other items I thought I would use.








Here is the side of the box. I needed to cover the logo so I stuck flowers on top. The green flourish started out as silver like the ones you see in the bottom corner. I covered the silver flourish with green glitter to make it match the box.



 
Can you see the mistake I made here? There is a lump of hot glue where I had originally put the outer bird. When I put the branch on I decided I would rather have the bird perched on the branch.



Here you can see the completed project. I have glued some more flowers on the box to cover that hot glue mess. I really like the way this turned out, and that it was pretty enough that I didn't need to add too much to make it look great!
 
Thanks for looking!
Cathy 

6 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy, I love your tissue box. I looked at before I read about, to see if I could figure out what it was and i would never have guessed a tissue box. You done a fab job on this! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful project Cathy. I would never have figured out it was a tissue box either. You really out did yourself, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So cute and sweet and perfect for spring. It would even look great as a table center piece for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'd have to finish the back if I did that! It still has the Puffs logo on it.

      Delete