Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Scripture Art Journal

Happy New Year!

I have decided to start the new year by joining Maymay Made It in creating an art journal to put Bible verses in. She explains it in this video if this is something you might be interested in.


I took the cover off a Canson Mixed Media journal and recovered it, including covering it with clear Con-tact paper. I kept it simple because I wanted to be sure I could keep the cover clean and undamaged.



Our first verse is Psalms 119:105. I sketched out my design in pencil, then used alcohol markers and distress inks to color.














It isn't exactly what I was picturing in my mind but I enjoyed playing with my toys. I did shimmer up the yellow lights but you can't see it in the photo.















I don't have specific plans for processes or materials to use throughout the book. It is first a way to memorize scripture and second a place to create.


One thing I'm not sure about is what to do with the back of the pages. I'm thinking about just gluing the pages together. If you do an art journal what do you do when the front bleeds through?















I'm planning on keeping up with this throughout the year and posting regularly. Would love to know if any of you are doing something similar!

Thanks for looking
Cathy

5 comments:

  1. oh I like this and this is the kind of journal I want to do this year. I am excited to look into this. Thanks for sharing.
    About the pages - I tend to glue mine together before I begin as like sturdy and thick pages to feel free to play.
    WOO HOO! Glad you are up to doing fun stuff again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this idea Cathy!!!! I think I could really get into this kind of art journal. It really is the first one I've seen that has captured my full attention. I love all I've seen but this seems to give more of a purpose. I hope I can get my mind into this one. Thanks again for the wonderful idea! hugs, patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see what you both come up with if you do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I love your ideas and creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a lovely journal filled with inspirational verses when finished! It's always so exciting starting a new themed journal! Keep sharing the pages!

    ReplyDelete