Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Scripture Journal Week 2 - Proverbs 3:5

This week's Scripture Journal entry is on Proverbs 3:5. I went ahead and included the next verse because I can't hear verse 5 without including 6 in my head. I've also found it interesting that so far I've used the KJV both weeks in my journal. These verses are very familiar to me, they were ones I learned in my childhood back when most people used the King James Bible, and that version still seems better or more poetic for certain verses. I'm sure I will use ESV when we get to less familiar verses.

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for this verse. It wasn't as obvious as last week's. I started with the idea of flowers. I decided to use the flower stems for the verse and put verse 6 on the ground. The flowers are cut from a piece of patterned paper.

One thing that I "allow" myself to do on mixed media is to hand cut and write a lot of it, as opposed to when I make cards most everything is machine cut, stamped, or computer generated. I really enjoy the child-like effect this gives.




As you can see I solved the bleed through problem by covering it with paper. And don't look too closely at that background paper or you will see the script is upside-down!  


Thanks for looking!
Cathy 


1 comment:

  1. Love these verses but then what verse don't I love. It is always so easy to give our problems to the Lord. The hard part sometimes is leaving it with him and not taking it back. TFS!

    ReplyDelete