Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Special Birthday Gift

For a very special birthday girl!

This is a gift for a special 4 year old. The tutu is made of 1" elastic, tulle and ribbon in coral and teal. I cut the elastic at about 22", overlapped an inch and sewed. This is the only sewing in the project. The tulle and ribbon were cut to 24", then folded in half and wrapped around the elastic. I followed instructions I found on YouTube by searching for "tutu tutorial." 

 

The wand and crown were made using the Cricut cartridge Once Upon a Princess. I used glitter cardstock and bling from my stash that matched the tutu as closely as possible. I also painted a 12" dowel white then covered it in glitter glue to make the wand handle. I added tulle and ribbon to both the crown and wand.

 
 
 
Here is the set together. Happy Birthday Elizabeth!


Thanks for looking!
Cathy 



3 comments:

  1. That is sooooooo fun!!!! I just love the whole set. It will be a big hit. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, she's gonna love it! ! Great girly colors too!!! I just might steal this idea for my gbabies! !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! She's going to feel like a princess! Lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete