Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

2nd Matchbox for Swap

Here is my new matchbox for a swap I'm doing. This was made with the CTMH August stamp of the month. The image was too big to fit in the matchbox, so I reduced it by 50% on my copy machine. Owl was colored with alcohol markers.

I embossed some kraft cardstock with a woodgrain embossing folder and hand cut it to fit the interior box. I cut another piece 2" x 4.25" and used Spellbinders oval dies to cut the oval in the middle. I used knife and a ruler to cut a window in the exterior box, then wrapped the kraft cardstock around the exterior box. 

I put a small amount of excelsior in the bottom of the interior box, then mounted the owl on top of it. I hand cut some small leaf shapes out of silk leaves, then heated them with a heat gun to shrivel and curl the leaves. Sentiment was from the same stamp set, cut with a small oval Spellbinders die.


Thanks for looking!
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are playing in this swap. These are great.

    ReplyDelete