Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Card Inspiration

Where do you get your ideas for your cards? Sometimes ideas come when other crafters share a technique. Sheri Whitfield shared a technique called Triple Time Stamping in our KIT on Saturday, then followed up with a YouTube video. Well, I decided to try the technique, then ended up not doing it at all! For my first card I didn't even stamp, I used patterned paper. I basically used oval Nestabilities to create a layered look similar to her cards. The paper and cardstock layers are each single pieces of paper. When I layered them I made sure the patterns lined up. The ovals are on the side because I wanted to get the leaf in the inner oval.

The second card took a very wide turn, although I did stamp my background paper. I started by cutting the ovals in the center of the paper this time, but when I layered them with the red cardstock I thought it looked like an elongated target. I didn't like it at all! I hade already put the background rectangle on my card base, but it had the oval cut out, so I wasn't sure what to do with it. The old me might have trashed the whole thing, but I didn't. I found a stamp that just fit within the oval, a beautiful new stamp from the Mary and Babe set from CTMH. I used stamp pads and a water brush to add color to the image and added the scalloped frame. I really like the way this card turned out!

I'll get to your technique sometime, Sheri, I promise!

Thanks for looking!
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Both could not have been more beautiful! ! Love your coloring on Mary and Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. two things Cathy -
    one, you and I have the same taste it seems in craft supplies (I am so going to use what I see here and create what I envision - I will share it with you!)
    two, I am really REALLY glad you started a blog. It is like having coffee with a good friend.
    THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete