Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mixed Media 2

I know I said I would update tomorrow, but I have added just a couple things. I took Recollections Marine and Studio G teal glitter glue, scribbled it on then smudged with my fingers in a few spots. Then I stamped quotes that I felt went with my theme from the CTMH set Scrapbook Statements - Poets (my first prize from the Kraaft Shaak!) in the same color inks.

 
I find as I work on this that I need to take a step back, think about where I'm going with it and also make sure it has time to dry!
 
At this point I'm thinking I will be leaving this in one piece, maybe as framed art for my nekkid walls. Since this is my first attempt at this I think it would be to painful to chop into card fronts. What would you do if you were me?

Thanks for looking!
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I agree. I don't think I would be able to chop it up either. Especially if it was my very first piece I ever created using a particular style. It's probably a bit of the ocd in me though. I have a hard time chopping anything up, LOL! I think it's coming along beautifully by the way.
    Big Hugs!
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what if you keep adding to it, perhaps memorabilia of some kind, so when you look at it hanging on that - no longer - nekkid wall how you felt stepping out of the comfort zone, or where you were when...stuff like that?

    I have a piece I made a while back on air that I can not part with. It conjures up thoughts of how it felt to actually create art. It was one of the first times I tried messy stuff like this. It was so liberating for me that I love it just for that!!

    I think you have something worthy of hanging...but that is just MY opinion!
    oh - and YOU are my favorite K child. (still in the doghouse?)

    ReplyDelete