Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

What I did during Kraaft It Together

So Saturday was our monthly Kraaft It Together, and I was able to go for the first time. I stayed in the hangout the entire 6 hours. We had a blast just chatting and kraafting together.

I got my last matchbox done for the swap I'm in. This time I went with a bakery window theme. I prepped the exterior box like I did the other 2, only this time I added an awning over the window. I put cupcake paper inside for the "wallpaper" and stamped, colored and cut out a cupcake. The trickiest thing was figuring out what to use as a cake stand. I needed to put the cupcake on something or it would look like it was floating. I also wanted something that would add dimension. I finally thought of using Shrinky Dinks. I sketched out a stand and cut it out. I was hoping I cut it large enough that it would shrink to the correct size. Well, I lucked out on the first one and it turned out the perfect size. I'm thrilled to have completed my swaps and will get them in the mail this week.


Excuse me... the birdfeeder is empty
 


 
 
I also put a quick card together inspired by a t-shirt I saw in a catalog. I just used my Cricut to cut out a squirrel and made the background with scraps. I used my LetraTag to print out the saying.





Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over,
 she became a butterfly.
The other thing I worked on was my mixed media book. I received a blank book for my birthday and I started working in it yesterday. When I started I was thinking about a romantic page about my husband and myself. As I worked it seemed to go a different direction so I just followed that. I ended up with the sparkly butterflies and flowers, but was still looking for a love quote when I found the quote about the butterfly. This was in the same catalog I found the squirrel inspiration in. It seemed to fit the spirit of the page perfectly. I'm very happy with the way this turned out and I'm looking forward to learning new techniques for my journal.

Thanks for looking!
Cathy



6 comments:

  1. it is such a joy to see the finish to all the parts and pieces we got to watch during the day yesterday.

    I am so happy you started this blog so I can see all your wonderful work!
    Now, how do I get involved in one of these fun swaps???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! This swap is on atcsforall.com There are tons of different categories for swapping. This one is under open mail art swaps. Sandra is the host.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a blast. I forgot all about it. For some reason I thought I had set an alarm on my phone to remind me but I guess I didn't. I originally was supposed to work part of the day but when I went to my family doc on Thurs. she said I should not be working yet and that I went back too early so I was even home all day. I'm so upset, I was looking forward to attending this. I'm feeling very old and forgetful today :-( Looking at all the wonderful things you made yesterday however, always puts a smile back on my face :-) I love the matchbox art! I hope you make more of them. They are really cute and they look lovely!!! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful things with us Cathy. You're Awesome!
    Big Hugs!
    Reeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you missed it. We were even asking about you in the group. I wish we'd have thought to send you a reminder 😩
      Thanks for all your nice comments

      Delete
  3. It was great hanging out with you in the KIT. And you got soooo much done!!! The matchbox is just the cutest thing ever!!! And those quotes from the mag are perfect!!! Love all your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete