Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mixed Media for the #KSDSEPT challenge

So the challenge for September over at kraaftshaak.com is to use mixed media in a different way than you normally do. Well, I don't normally do mixed media at all! I have never done anything like this, but I decided its time to challenge myself with something new.

I decided I would start by clear embossing on watercolor paper.


I used the stamp set Believe in Yourself from CTMH. I think you need to believe in yourself when you try something new!


Next I used sprayed my paper with water and used distress inks in Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, and Peacock Feathers. I used the ink pads directly on the paper, then sprayed again and swished the color around with a paintbrush. You can still see the ink pad squares, but I think I like it. 


I dried a little with the heat gun, then did a little misting with Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom Gold and Perfect Pearl and Smooch Spritz in a pewter color. Sorry, it isn't labeled.


I'm letting this dry and I'll be back tomorrow when we all can see what I decide to do with this.

Thanks for looking!
Cathy



6 comments:

  1. Great start. I love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it looks so pretty already. Looking forward to see where you go from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are off to a lovely start Cathy! I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. I too have never really sat down and done a mixed media project so I like the believe in yourself part. I have to agree that it helps tremendously to believe in yourself especially when trying something new! Fantastic results so far!
    Big Hugs!
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may have inspired me to try something like this. I do mixed media, but I don't describe it as such. I do it all the time in making my cards, but like I said, I don 't describe it as such. I am going to do something like this to use as card fronts or something. Can't wait to see the results of yours!!! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new blog, Cathy. Great start! Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, you have really nailed what this challenge was about....stretching yourself out of the comfort zone and trying something new (or in others cases, something they have not done in a while)
    What you have here is the beginning of something fun and I hope it keeps calling to you to complete it! I cannot wait to see.

    ReplyDelete