Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mixed Media 3 - Complete?

I think I'm done with this wonderful challenge, at least for now. I have really enjoyed getting inky, my fingers are oh so pretty.

So today I stamped some flowers from another CTMH set that I won. I don't remember which one at the moment and am too lazy to go downstairs and look right now. I colored some of them with matching alcohol markers. I also stamped Believe in Yourself on a scrap of white paper and inked it with the same distress inks. The larger flower is made from copy paper. The other flowers are just ones I had in my stash. I inked the wooden laser cut bird the same way Heather did in a former KIL show.

I found a matching piece of scrapbook paper in my collection and mounted it on a piece of cardboard packaging, then glued my mixed media piece on top. I added twine to help cover the seam where the papers met. I added shimmer tape and rhinestones to bling it up.


After I figured out where I wanted everything I glued it all down with hot glue and put the piece in the shadowbox frame. I shopped from my craft room for everything I used on this project, including the frame.

Right now I'm happy with the end result but I'm open to adding things in the future if the mood ever strikes me. Now to find a home on a wall somewhere.

Sorry about the glare in the photo. I know I need to work on my pictures.

Thanks for a great challenge, Heather.

Thanks for looking!
Cathy


2 comments:

  1. Your project is super duper and I love your shopping place!!! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. I love the way you colored your bird. I haven't watched Heather's challenge yet, so I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete